MatLab For Students
Where on campus this software is installed and licensing information
MATLAB for students is available for download using the following instructions.
**Please Note** This version is for students only and is not available for faculty/staff
This license allows all students to install MATLAB on university-owned as well as personally-owned computers.
Go to our MATLAB Portal, and select Get Started Today under the Download MATLAB section.
- Sign-in with your UW Stout credentials and then either Login or create your MathWorks account.
- Note: If you are creating your account for the first time, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail account to verify your e-mail address.
- Once you are logged into your MathWorks account, click the download button for the current release.
- Choose a supported platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux) and download the installer.
- Once downloading is finished, run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the logging in process by agreeing to the license and logging in using your MathWorks account.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual, and then select Next.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
The MATLAB Portal also provides links to these additional resources:
- MATLAB Training- links to MATLAB Onramp (free 2-hour overview of MATLAB) and other course offerings.
- MATLAB Help- Provides links to installation support, product videos, code examples, and answers.
- Use MATLAB on the Cloud- Access to MATLAB Online (web based version of MATLAB), MATLAB Drive, MATLAB Mobile, and ThingSpeak.