FAX-How to send and receive FAXes.
This document describes how to send and/or receive a fax with the new FAX system, faxage.com. Also, what file types that can be sent.
1. FAXing will be strictly e-mail based now that your FAX number is converted. You will need to send attachments. The below file types are supported by FAXAGE:
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Adobe PostScript (.ps)
- Microsoft Word (.doc)
- Microsoft Word Template (.dot)
- Microsoft Word 2007+ (.docx)
- Microsoft Word 2007+ Template (.dotx)
- Microsoft Works (.wps)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls)
- Microsoft Excel 2007+ (.xlsx)
- Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt)
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2007+ (.pptx)
- OpenOffice Writer Document (.odt)
- OpenOffice Calc Spreadsheet (.ods)
- WordPerfect (.wpd)
- Comma-separated CSV (.csv)
- HTML (.htm, .html)
- TIFF Image (.tif, .tiff)
- JPEG Image (.jpg, .jpeg)
- Bitmap Image (.bmp)
- GIF Image (.gif)
- PNG Image (.png)
- Plain Text (.txt)
- HP Printer Control Language (.pcl)
Received FAXes will show up in the Inbox of the specified people that want to receive them in your department. To make changes to your department's send and/or receive list, please send a request to email@example.com.
3. Once a FAX is received in your Inbox, you will need to supply credentials to open it. All FAXes will be received as PDF files.