2-Step: Obtaining a One Time Passcode when you Forget your 2-Step Device
If you have lost or forgotten your 2-Step device you can generate a one-time passcode that can be used to complete 2-Step in order to login to protected services and applications such as HRS, SFS, OBIEE, and Access Stout. This one-time passcode is good for one use and must be used within 60 minutes of issuance. In order to generate a one-time passcode, you will need to sign in and provide the answers to your security questions. If you have lost your 2-Step device, please contact the Technology Helpdesk immediately.
1. Visit the login page for the desired system that you are required to use 2-Step to access.
2. Sign in with your username and password.
3. When prompted by 2-Step, click on the "Forgot your 2-Step device?" link. The one-time passcode page will open in a new tab.
4. After clicking the continue button you will be prompted to enter the answers to your security questions.
4. Successful answering of your security questions will provide you with your one-time passcode and at what time it will expire.
5. Go back to the tab that has the 2-Step challenge on it and click the "Enter a Passcode" Button. Please Note: You may have to click the Cancel button if you automatically send a push to your mobile phone.
6. Enter the passcode provided and click on "Log In". You will then pass 2-Step and be taken to your destination.