How to perform a network reset on Windows 10
This article explains steps on how to solve a wide variety of network-related issues, by performing a network reset.
If you are running into an issue related to network problems, there is a good chance it can be solved by performing a network reset. Specifically, this solves a somewhat common issue where users have reported their machines to be in a "connecting loop" where their machine will connect to StoutSecure and immediately disconnect and repeat. The following steps will fix this, as well as many other common network-related issues.
- Open Settings. This can be easily performed by pressing Windows Key (⊞ Win ) + I
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click on Status (It will be the first option on the left side and it should open to that by default) and then select Network reset which will be the bottom option. Click Reset now.
- You will be prompted to restart your machine and given the opportunity to save any work before restarting. Save any work as needed and restart.
- Upon restarting, log back in to your machine. You will have to re-enter your username and password into StoutSecure in order to get connected back onto the network.
- Open a browser and browse to a page to ensure that you are connected.