ImageStout: Quick Reference Sheet
Quick Reference to some of the most popular problems/questions.
Quick Reference Sheet
- Perceptive Experience URL: https://experience.uwstout.edu
- This version of Perceptive Experience is not intended to view or process "folders". If a folder is in workflow the workflow queue will appear empty in Perceptive Experience
Full UW Stout email address is required for the username because UW River Falls is using our ImageNow Server and this tells the server which database to use.
ImageNow Client/WebNow/Perceptive Experience
- ImageNow –Finding the ImageNow client on windows computer? ImageNow: Finding the Desktop Client
- UW Stout’s Enterprise Content Management System has many names on campus (use the name you are comfortable with) ImageNow
- ImageNow = ImageNow Desktop Client
- ImageStout = ImageNow Desktop Client
- Perceptive Content = ImageNow Desktop Client
- WebNow (supported browsers Internet Explorer/Safari) https://imagenow.uwstout.edu/webnow/
- Perceptive Experience (new workflow option) https://experience.uwstout.edu
Moving between Documents and Workflow queues
Viewing documents in documents, workflow or folders without going back to the ImageNow Toolbar each time: ImageStout - Viewing documents without going back to the ImageNow Toobar
Printing into ImageNow
- Printing options in ImageNow are called Capture Profiles ImageStout - Capture Profile
- The capture profiles are stored in the “inscan.xml” file
- File location is: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ImageNow
- How to adjust the capture profiles or create a new option.
- Forms Workflow: ImageStout - Capture Profile Forms Workflow
- Campus Card (class roster): ImageStout - Capture Profile Card Access (Class Roster)
- Campus Card: ImageStout - Capture Profile Card Access
- HR ES Forms: ImageStout - Capture Profile Setup HR ES5 or ES6 Forms
- Batch Mode: ImageStout: Capture Profile Batch Mode
Views (Searching for Documents)
- Views are customized searching options: ImageStout - Views
All Documents Search
Use only if all other searches have failed.
L_Frequent Searches Academic or ADA’s or Business Managers (replaces all document search option)
- Created by
- Created date
- Created date (doc type)
- Frequent Search – Is Equal To
- Frequent Search – Contains
- Frequent Search – Ends with
- Frequent Search – Starts with
- Webforms can easily be found here. The newest form will be listed at the top. To activate the search, choose the document type and then choose Go
What are webforms?: ImageStout - WebForms
- View documents with multiple page: ImageStout - View multiple pages of a document
Activate the Thumbnails pane: ImageStout - Thumbnails (How to Activate)
Substitution or Waivers Forms
- How to search for Substitution or Waiver forms for students: ImageStout - Substitution and Waiver Forms
Credit by Exam and Portfolio process
- Explains the Credit by Exam process: ImageStout - Credit by Exam or Portfolio for Prior Learning
Searching for Student Information: ImageStout - Searching for Student Information
Searching for Curriculum Information:
- Merging documents: Merging Documents
- How to merge documents: ImageStout: Merging Documents
- Documents MUST be in the same drawer to be merged. If documents are in different drawers the “merge’ option won’t appear.
- Right click on the document to keep the indexing properties when merging documents.
Emailing Documents from ImageNow
- Email permissions are set at the drawer level. If you can’t email, it may be because email isn’t allowed from that specific drawer. If it is something you would like to do, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email documents that are in ImageNow: Document 50103 is unavailable at this time.
- Thumbnails are: ImageStout - Thumbnails
- Activating the Thumbnails Pane: ImageStout - Thumbnails (How to Activate)
- What is a workflow queue? ImageStout - Workflow Queue
- Some people may have several workflow queues. ImageStout - Workflow Queue
- Workflow History (how to find): ImageStout - Workflow History
L_1Forms Complete Workflow Queue
- The L_1Forms Complete workflow queue is a “routing” queue. Documents will automatically route to their processing department using the document type on the document.
- Typically, the last signer should route to the L_1Forms Complete workflow queue.
- Or the document may indicate to route to L_1Forms Complete
- How to use the Stamp for signature approval
- Sticky notes – how to use – read- add information
- KnowledgeBase article for these: Document 48506 is unavailable at this time.
New Documents Feature or re-index a page within ImageNow
- Create new document or re-index a page: ImageStout - Create New Document or Re-index a page
- Sibling documents happen with a document is routed to multiple workflow queues at the same time for approvals. Currently HR is using this method for approvals: samples below:
- ES Forms
- Summer Contracts
- LTE Requests
- There may be others……
- The sibling documents join up in one of two “join” queues. L_HR Join(docs) and HR ES Complete workflow queues
- Checking sibling history: ImageStout - Checking properties of a document
Delete a Form in Workflow
- How to delete an unneeded form in ImageNow:
- Sub/Waiver Forms Route forward to: L_AC_1Sub/Waiver Deny
- Sub Waiver forms are not deleted from the system at this time.
- L_Forms Workflow can be routed to “L_Forms Delete Forms”.