Installing from an .ISO file in Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
Some applications that students and staff need to install are downloaded as an .iso file. This document walks you through how to use this file type in a Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 environment.
- Open the file where the .iso file is stored (such as downloads, desktop, documents, etc...).
- Right click the file and select "Mount". This will create a Virtual Drive (the computer will see the file as though it is a CD).
- In the file explorer, open "This PC" and find the correct device. This could be named anything (Such as "DVD Drive G:") and will typically be the very last device available in the list.
- Double click the correct device and it should open as though it is a CD.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the application.
- When you are done, go back to "This PC" and right-click the device. Select "Eject".
- Once the device is ejected, you will be able to delete the .iso file.