Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Turn on Junk Folder
How to turn junk folder on to help catch and filter junk, phishing and impersonation emails from your inbox
Reasons to Use Junk Folder:
- Filter unwanted email from inbox
- Filter spam and phishing emails from inbox
- Help filter emails that are impersonating a campus email (Example: Real - Person@uwstout.edu --> Fake: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Log into OWA (Outlook Web App) of go to https://logins.uwstout.edu/links and click on email button and login from your chosen web browser
- In the upper left side of OWA window click on gear and then the mail menu (Note: If you do not see the mail menu go to bottom of article and follow directions for "Changing back from new outlook view"
- Navigate to Mail --> Accounts--> Block and Allow
- Click on "Automatically filter junk email"
- Click Save
Changing back from new outlook view: *Missing the mail menu
- In the upper left side of OWA window click the slide toggle to off for "The New Outlook" -follow prompts change to classic view