Outlook (Web App): Sharing Calendars
This guide will overview the Web option to share calendars in Outlook.
Sharing a Calendar
- In the browser version of Outlook, open the Calendar tab.
- In the left folder pane, right-click the calendar you are sharing and click Sharing Permissions.
- This will open a pane with all of your calendar sharing details.
- Enter the username of the person you'd like to share your calendar with. The list will auto-populate from the Outlook directory as you type. You can select their username from the list.
- You will need to set permissions for this new user. The meaning of the permission levels is discussed at the bottom of this article. Permission levels are as follows:
- When you are satisfied with your selections, click Share then Done.
Opening a Calendar
- In the top bar of the Outlook calendar window, select Add Calendar > From directory.
- The Open Calendar window will open and prompts for a "from directory" name.
- Type in the person's Stout username.
- Leave the second section blank and click Open.
- You will now see the new calendar.
Removing a Calendar
- Right click the calendar you'd like to remove and select Remove.
- Can view when I'm busy:
Allows the person to see when you are busy but doesn't include any details (such as event location).
- Can view titles and locations:
Allows the person to see when you are busy and the title and location of the event.
- Can view all details:
Allows the person to see when you are busy and all the details of the event.
- Can edit:
Allows the person to see all event details and edit the calendar.
Allows the person to see all event details, edit the calendar, and share the calendar with others.