Canvas: How to enable Respondus LockDown Browser for a quiz
This KB explains the step-by-step process associated with enabling Respondus LockDown Browser for a Canvas quiz.
Respondus LockDown Browser locks down the test environment to help prevent students from cheating. It is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Canvas. Students are unable to copy, print, access other applications or visit other websites during an online exam.
To enable Respondus LockDown Browser, please follow these steps:
- Open your course in Canvas and select Respondus LockDown Browser from your Course Navigation bar.
- Find the quiz/exam that you want to apply Respondus LockDown Browser to and click on the dropdown.
- Select Settings.
4. Under Lockdown Browser Settings, click on Require Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam to enable the lockdown of the quiz. You can also choose to require Respondus LockDown to view feedback and results, which means students will need to go into Respondus Lockdown Browser if they want to view specific feedback associated with the questions within the quiz.
5. Under Advanced Settings, select Lock Students into browser until exam is completed. This prevents students from being able to access any other applications, internet browsers or computer programs while they are taking the quiz.
6. Select any other permissions you would like for the quiz, and then hit Save + Close.
7. On the Respondus LockDown Browser dashboard, you will see the status change from "Not Required" to "Required" once it has been enabled.
8. You will also notice the quiz name within Canvas has changed as well. Within Canvas, the name of the quiz will also say, Requires Respondus LockDown Browser if it has been enabled.