Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > eStout
Windows 10: Initial Setup for Graduating Students
Setting up Windows 10 on Graduating Students' Laptops.
After you receive your reimaged laptop, you will need to run an initial setup. This process will be the same as a “Windows Out of Box Experience”. Please follow these steps:
1. Run through initial setup windows (Region, Keyboard, Etc.)
2. Windows will check for updates. This may take a while. Do not turn off your laptop.
3. IMPORTANT: Set up your Account. Choose Set up for personal use.
4. Sign in with Microsoft. You will have three options:
Option 1: Sign in with your personal Microsoft account (not your UW-Stout Account)
Option 2: Create a new personal Microsoft account
Option 3: Use an Offline account (This doesn’t require you to create a Microsoft account, but means you won’t be able to use online cloud services.)
If you choose Offline account, the next screen will still encourage you to create an account. Click No to continue.
5. Complete setup to personalize your laptop. (Cortana, Privacy, Etc.)