Photoshop (Mac): Disable GPU Sniffer
Graphics cards that have not been bench-marked by Adobe will not be detected properly by Photoshop. Disabling the sniffer will stop any annoying popups that occur because of this.
One of the possible errors from Adobe indicating a non-supported GPU:
- Open the Application folder and locate the Photoshop Folder.
- Open the Photoshop Folder and right-click the Photoshop Application.
- Select Show Package Contents. This will open a Contents folder.
- Open the Contents folder then open the MacOS folder.
- Rename the sniffer file to ~sniffer.
- Enter your password if prompted.