Installing Software (Apple): Managed Software Center
How to install software on Student Macs using the Managed Software Center
Note: If you are trying to access the Managed Software Center off campus, you will need to connect via VPN See KB Article: Connect to VPN (Mac)
1. Click on the Managed Software Center icon in your dock, or Double-Click the icon in your Applications folder.
2. Managed Software Center will open. By default it displays the updates tab. This is where you'll see updates for software you've previously installed from the Managed Software Center.
3. Click Software at the top middle of the window.
4. Here you can see the software available for installation through Managed Software Center. All available applications are shown by default. If you want to narrow it down, you can click one of the categories on the right side of the screen.
5. In this example, we'll install the Chrome web browser. Click the Install button next to Chrome.
6. The software will download and install.
7. That's it! Chrome is now installed on your computer, and you will receive a notification when an update is available.