Printing (Mac): Setting Color Preferences
How to create a printer preset for black and white or color.
- Open Microsoft Word and click File > Print. This will open the Print Dialog.
- At the top of the Print Dialog, make sure that the printer you want to create the preset for is selected.
- Change the settings drop-down to Printer Features. This will change the available preference options.
- In the Printer Features menu, change the Color Mode to your preference. Typically, users will change this to Black & White.
IF YOUR PRINTER DOES NOT USE DEPARTMENT OR USER PRINT CODES, PLEASE SKIP TO STEP 7.
- Change the settings drop-down to Job Log.
- Select Enable User Code and enter the code that is assigned to you. If you do not know your code, please contact your Department Associate.
- In the top Presets menu, select Save Current Settings as Preset...
- Give the preset a descriptive name and click OK to save.
- This preset is now saved and you can click Cancel to close the Print Menu.