Outlook (Mobile): Finding Missing Phone Contacts After Changing Mobile Apps
After moving from the default mobile app to the Outlook mobile app, some users are experiencing disappearing phone contacts. These instructions show you a method to retrieve those contacts for both Android and iOS.
These instructions should be used to retrieve contacts ONLY. Once contacts are retrieved, please move them from your Outlook account to your phone or personal email. In the event your Stout account is deleted (resignation, graduation, retirement, etc...) these contacts will be lost permanently.
Please contact the Help Desk if you need assistance in migrating the contacts.
- Open the Outlook mobile app.
- In the top left, click the horizontal lines (Android) or profile picture (iPhone).
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select the settings icon.
- Under Accounts, select your Office 365 account.
- Click to enable Sync Contacts.
Your Outlook contacts will now appear in your phone's contacts. Please back these contacts up to your phone or to your personal email account. Every phone and backup location is different so it may be best to manually copy your contacts, un-sync the Outlook contacts, and then re-enter your contacts.