Outlook (Windows): Opening a shared inbox as a separate profile
There are a handful of users on campus that need to open a shared inbox on its own. Usually this is to run mail merge against this inbox. These directions show you how to set this up.
Setting Up a Secondary Profile
- In the bottom left of the screen, click the search icon and search for Control Panel.
- Click Control Panel to open the classic control panel.
- Make sure that View By is set to Small Icons.
- Click to open Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
*Note: the year and bit version may vary from computer to computer depending on what is installed.
- Click Show Profiles...
- Click Add...
- Create a descriptive name for the email profile then click OK. This is just so you know which email is which.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types then click Next.
- Select Office 365, enter the full email address of the inbox you are trying to open, and click Next.
- It may take a minute or so for the email to connect. If you are prompted for credentials you will need to enter your full UW Stout email address and password.
- Once you see the "Congratulations!" message, click Finish.
- You will have the option to have Outlook prompt you for which email to open on startup. This is only for users that are in that mailbox frequently. Most users will want to select Always use this profile and set the profile to Default.
- Click OK and close out of all Control Panel windows.
Using A Secondary Profile
- If you selected Prompt for a profile to be used in step 12 above, you will see this when signing in:
Simply use the drop-down menu to select the profile you would like to open and click OK.
- If you selected Always use this profile, you will need to follow these steps to open your secondary profile:
- In Outlook, select File > Account Settings > Change Profile.
- A prompt will warn you that "Outlook will close. You must restart Outlook to choose a different profile." Click OK.
- Open Outlook.
- At the prompt, use the drop-down menu to select the profile you would like to open and click OK.
- When you are done using this profile, simply close Outlook and reopen it to load back into your default profile.
- If Outlook prompts for a username and password, use your full UW Stout username and password.
- If you receive this error:
Then you have not been given permission to view the inbox from the email's owner. Please contact the owner to grant you permission. If you don't know who the owner is, please contact the Technology Help Desk and we will be able to look it up for you.