2-Step: Re-Enrolling Phone Without Duo Device
If a phone has became unsynced, these are the directions to re-sync the Duo app and your Stout account without requiring Admin Portal access.
- Visit the one-time passcode site located at https://smidp.uwstout.edu/otp.aspx.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- After clicking on the continue button you will be prompted to answer your security questions.
- Successful answering of your security questions will provide you with a one-time passcode and at what time it will expire.
- Make a note of that passcode, you will need it.
- Go to password.uwstout.edu
- Enter your username. Click Next.
- Enter your current password. Click Next.
- Select Configure 2-Step Authentication
- At the Duo Prompt, enter the one-time passcode from Step 4 and click Login.
- Select Add Another Device.
- Select Mobile Phone then click Continue.
- Enter the telephone number of the device you are going to use.
- Select the phone OS that you are using.
- Install the app on your phone from your device OS application store.
- Open the Duo app.
- Tap the + button on the app.
- Scan the barcode that appears on the Duo setup page using the phone camera. Do NOT scan the QR Code below.
- A green check mark will show on the barcode once this is successfully completed.
- Select Continue
- Dismiss the message showing enrollment successful.
- Select an authentication method from the Log In dropdown menu.
NOTE: You can select any of the methods, but it is recommended that you select Automatically send this device a Duo Push.
- Click Save.
- You are now set up with 2-Step authentication on a cell phone.