Annual Security Training: Retiree/Emeriti Access
Step by Step Directions for accessing the Annual Data Security & Privacy Training for Retirees and Emeriti in Canvas.
Accessing the Course
- You will receive an email from University of Wisconsin-Canvas at email@example.com. Click on Get Started.
- Welcome Aboard - Click on Create an Account (If you do not get this welcome message, please contact the Technology Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-232-5000)
- Enter a new password for this account.
- You will now be in the course. Read the information about the short course and then click on Start Here to begin the course.
Some Troubleshooting Tips:
- Canvas will not work on Internet Explorer
- If you get signed out of Canvas and see a page with an option to choose Student/Staff/Faculty or Continuing Education please choose Continuing Education.
- If you are unable to view any of the training videos, you may need to disable pop ups.
- Safari may need disable cross-site tracking to view the training videos. This can be found under Safari > Preferences > Privacy towards the top. Uncheck that option and try again
- There is a known issue using Safari or Chrome on iOS13.1 devices. If you see an "Access Denied" error when trying to view the two training videos please try accessing the course on a computer.
- If you have additional problems accessing the course, please contact the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or 715-232-5000.