Epson BrightLink: Getting Started
There are classrooms across campus that are equipped with Epson Brightlink boards. These board are interactive whiteboards that when used properly can increase student engagement and learning outcomes.
The HP box is the computer that the BrightLink connects to. This will be located under the podium in the classroom.
The BrightLink board and projector are fixed units that will be located in the front of the room.
There will be a wireless keyboard for typing and controlling your mouse on the BrightLink.
The BrightLink remote should be located near the HP box or on the teaching podium. This turns the board on/off and controls the board settings.
The BrightLink pens are used to interact with the board and are battery powered. The will be located in a white box attached to the board.
Note: Always be sure to turn the wireless keyboard off after use. Red = Off, Green = On
Powering Up and Logging In
1. To begin, locate the HP Box. This serves as the computer that the BrightLink connects to.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer.
3. Use the BrightLink remote to power on the BrightLink projector.
4. If you see a blue screen, you may have to change to Computer to get to the Windows login screen.
5. Click on the Other User log in option. Log in using your regular Stout login credentials.
Accessing Applications and Files
Your OneDrive will not automatically connect to the File Explorer on the BrightLink. To access your OneDrive see the Epson BrightLink: Accessing OneDrive KnowledgeBase article.
The Brightlink has many interactive features built into its functionality. To learn more about these functions see the Epson BrightLink: Easy Interactive Tools KnowledgeBase article.
To access Smart Notebook software, double click on the Smart Technologies icon on the desktop.