Microsoft Outlook: Synchronization Log
What is the synchronization log and how to disable it.
What is the "Synchronization Log"?
The synchronization issues folders contain logs and items that Microsoft Outlook has been unable to synchronize with your email or SharePoint servers. Having messages in these folders is a normal function of Outlook as they are error checking mechanisms that the program uses to sync your email to email services.
Although the sync logs are a normal function they can be annoying to have in your inbox. The good news is that there is an easy way to disable the synchronization log folder!
How To Disable It
- Open the desktop version of Outlook
- In the top left, select File > Options
This will open the Outlook Options window
- In the left navigation pane, select Advanced
- Scroll to the bottom of the list until you reach the Other section
- Un-check the box next to Enable troubleshooting logging (requires restarting Outlook)
- Click OK to close the window
- Restart Outlook by closing it then reopening
- You should no longer have a Synchronization Log folder and should no longer receive errors about syncing Outlook