Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Polling in a Session
The polling feature can offer a variety of functionality in a session, this article from Blackboard can help you understand the use of polls in a session.
One way to measure student understanding and get feedback is by using the Polling feature in Blackboard Collaborate.
Creating a Poll
1. Open a new session in Backboard Collaborate Ultra. For information on how to begin a session in Blackboard, check out the Session Setup KnowledgeBase article.
2. Open the right-side panel by clicking on the purple arrow icon.
3. Click on the Share Content option.
4. Under Secondary Content select Polling.
5. Choose either a Multiple Choice or Yes/No Choices question type.
6. Enter the question that you are asking and the answer choices if you chose the multiple choice question type.
7. At the bottom of the page, click the Start button.
8. The new poll will be released to participants and will appear at the bottom of the screen.
9. To pause participants' ability to respond temporarily, select the Lock Poll option. This will keep the poll open but will stop responses.
10. To close the poll, click the End Polling option at the top of the poll. This will close the poll permanently. Note, the poll will disappear for both you and participants. There is no way to save or go back and view previous responses.