Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: Sharing Files
1. Open a new session in Backboard Collaborate Ultra. For information on how to begin a session in Blackboard, check out the Session Setup KnowledgeBase article.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra allows moderators and presenters to synchronously share content with participants. One way that they are able to do this is by uploading files for the whole class or individual groups.
2. Open the menu on the right side of the screen by selecting the purple arrow.
3. Click on the Share Content button at the bottom of the menu.
4. Under the Primary Content heading, select Share Files.
5. Drag and drop your file in the Add Files box or click the box to choose the files you would like to upload from the file explorer menu. Valid file types include images, PowerPoint presentations, and PDFs. If you have a word document that you would like to share, you will need to convert it to a PDF.
6. Once you have selected the file you would like to add, it will be highlighted in a black box. Click Share Now.
7. The shared file will be displayed in the presentation screen. From here you are able to annotate and draw attention to specific areas of the image using the pointer tool.
8. To stop sharing the file, click the Stop Sharing File icon.
Sharing in Groups
The sharing features are available to both moderators and participants in groups. The process of sharing in groups is the same as above. However, the files that are shared will stay in that group and will not appear when you transition back to the main room with everyone. For more information on sharing content in group sessions, check out the Blackboard article on Presenting in Sessions. For more information on setting up groups, see the the KnowledgeBase article on Breakout Groups.