Outlook: Updating a O365 Group
How to change the name, description, privacy, etc... of an Outlook O365 group.
- These will only work for Office 365 groups and not shared inboxes.
Office 365 groups can be identified by their unique @live.uwstout.edu email domain.
- Only group owners can make changes to a group.
If you unsure who the owner is, please contact the Technology Help Desk and we can assist you with this.
- Log into the Outlook Web App.
- In the left navigation pane, scroll down to the Groups section.
- Right-click Groups > Manage groups.
- Any groups that you "Own" will be available in the center column. Click the group you would like to update.
- In the About this group section, click Edit.
- This will open a new window with all the settings that you are able to change.
Please note that the Group Email Address cannot be changed. To make a change to the address, please contact the Technology Help Desk.
- After making the appropriate changes, click Save to finalize those changes.