Canvas: Extend Student Access
If you have a student who needs additional time to complete a course, then you have the ability to extend student access from within your Canvas course.
- From the Course’s home page, click on Extend Student Access on the right hand side of the screen.
2. Fill out the following information:
- User (2): click on the user box and the students who have access to this course will appear. Select the student that needs the extended access.
- End date (3): Select the date in which the user has extended access. Please note, the extended access must be before June 20, 2020 at 12 am.
- Reason for Incomplete (4): Fill out a brief explanation as to why the student’s access has been extended.
3. Click on the Extend Access button when you the above information is completed (5).
If you run into any problems, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 5002.