2-Step: Obtaining a One Time Passcode for Office 365
Office 365 does not prompt for 2-Step unless it detects there is something abnormal regarding your login and has assigned a risk level. If you have lost or forgotten your 2-Step device, you can generate a one-time passcode that can be used to complete 2-Step. This one-time passcode is good for one use and must be used within 60 minutes of issuance. In order to generate a one-time passcode, you will need to sign in and provide the answers to your security questions. If you have lost your 2-Step device, please contact the Technology Helpdesk immediately.
These directions are for clients that use a 2-Step FOB to generate a passcode to log into Office 365 resources such as SharePoint, OneDrive, and Outlook.
1. Visit the one-time passcode site located at https://smidp.uwstout.edu/otp.aspx.
2. Sign in with your username and password.
3. After clicking on the continue button you will be prompted to answer your security questions.
4. Successful answering of your security questions will provide you with a one-time passcode and at what time it will expire.
5. Click on the Enter a Passcode button on the 2-Step prompt and then enter in the passcode generated in step 4.