Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Asset Management
Purchasing Raspberry Pi's and other low cost computer options
Computer purchase ordering process should be followed for all computer purchases. However there is an identified need to purchase other computing devices for specific purposes.
Request to purchase computing devices that are not included in the normal computer purchasing process should be sent as a ticket to the help desk or brought to your consultant.
- LIT will evaluate the use case for the device in consultation with the requester.
- LIT will develop a plan for maintaining and securing the device.
- LIT will procure the device and charge back the department.
- The device will be inventoried following the same procedure as a typical computer.
- The requester and requester's department will be responsible for the inventory and staying compliant with the agreed upon plan for maintaining and securing the device.