Cisco AnyConnect (error) - "Environment doesn't meet the criteria"
This is a short guide on how to correct the common "Environment doesn't meet the criteria" error from Cicso Anyconnect.
This error is seen when the Windows Defender virus definitions are out of date. These definitions are typically updated automatically but sometimes they need to be updated manually.
- Go to Microsoft's Windows Defender update page here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates.
- Scroll down to the table of available downloads.
- Click the 64-bit version of Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click the file you just downloaded to run the update.
- You will not see anything on your screen while the update is installing.
- Wait a minute for the update to finish.
- Try connecting to AnyConnect again (don't forget Duo!).
If you continue to have issues, please contact the Technology Help Desk.