Canvas: Making Quiz Accommodations for Students
Instructors may receive requests from Disability Services to make accommodations to extend the time limit on student quiz attempts. This guide will walk you the through the process of assigning a quiz/exam to an individual student and how to extend the time limit.
1. Open the Quizzes tool, locate the quiz, click the Settings icon  and select Edit .
2. Scroll to the Assign to section at the bottom of the quiz page. By default, Canvas will assign your quiz to everyone in your course.
3. To assign the quiz to an individual student, click the Add button, enter the due/availability dates and click Save.
4. If the individual student needs extended time to take the quiz/exam, you will need to make sure the quiz is published, and then you'll be able to click the Moderate This Quiz link.
5. To extend the time limit for the exam/quiz for an individual student, locate the student, and click the Edit (pencil) icon.
6. In the pop up window, add the extra time to the student's attempt, and click Save.