Microsoft Teams: Creating a Team
This will go over how to create a team within the Microsoft Teams app.
For more details about Teams visit the Microsoft Teams training page.
- Open Microsoft Teams either through a web browser, or using the desktop app.
- At the bottom left-hand side of the window, click on Join or Create a team.
- Click on Create a Team located in the main section in the middle of the window.
- Select the team type you want to create (Custom will be selected for this example).
- Name the team, give a description, and select privacy type if applicable.
Note: You can create a team based off of an already existing team or Office 365 group below
- Once the team is created you are presented with a window to add members to the group by searching their name or email address.
- Your team is located on the left-hand side with your other teams.
- Clicking the 3 dots next to your team lets you modify the team via a drop-down menu.