Microsoft Teams: Adding External Phone Users to an Ongoing Meeting
This document goes over how to call an external user on their cell/home phone to add them to an ongoing Teams meeting.
- Create a Teams meeting within the Outlook Calendar.
- Invite users. Note that there is a number that users can call with their phones to join. (Number may not be the same as this example)
- Join the meeting by clicking on the meeting within your calendar, then the Join Teams Meeting button.
- Once in the meeting, click the View Participants button located to the left of the Hang-up button.
- Enter the phone number of the external user you want to add and hit the ENTER key.
The external user's phone should now ring. If they do not pick up and their voicemail has started, click on the horizontal dots next to the number you dialed and click remove participant.