Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Instant messaging, presence, voice and video chat
Instant messaging, presence, and voice and video chat - Service description
This service provides a messaging service capable of text, voice, and video chatting that will display the availability of of campus users.
Connect, communicate and collaborate with the click of a button. With Skype for Business (Formerly Lync), it’s easy to stay connected at work and on the go. This university-wide communications platform allows current faculty, staff and students to communicate and collaborate in real-time with any UW-Stout employee via:
- Presence - Real-time presence information show who is online and if they are available
- Instant Messaging - Send quick messages to an individual or a group
- Audio and Video calls - Share audio and/or video with tow or more participants
- Desktop Sharing - Share your screen and files with colleagues to collaborate and edit documents in real time
- Web Conferencing - Schedule online meetings, with screen sharing and whiteboards
Microsoft has created online training for Skype for Business. If you are seeking more assistance please call the help desk (715-232-5000), create a self-service help desk ticket or come to Millennium Hall for in person assistance during business hours.
There is no cost directly associated with this for college, department and end users.
This service is available to current faculty, staff and students.
Skype for Business is the only supported instant message, voice or video chat system supported at UW-Stout.
Service Level Expectation:
Service tickets submitted to UW-Stout Help Desk for setup, login, and assistance with use skype for business will be responded to within 48 hours.