Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Cloud storage
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Web services
SharePoint: New Rss Feed Web Part
This will walk you through the steps of adding the new Rss feed web part to either New Site Page or a Classic style page. This article also explains how to tell if you are in a new site page or a classic style page.
Adding the new Rss Reader to your SharePoint web part pages
Adding to a New Site Page
If the "Edit" button is near the upper right hand corner of the screen, you are editing a New Site Page.
1. Click Edit
2. Navigate to the area of the screen where you want to insert the Rss web part, and hover until you see the blue +
3. Click the blue +. This will open the web part selection window. Scroll down and select the Rss Reader option. NOTE: DO NOT select the RSS Reader.
The Rss Reader has been added to the page and displays sample content.
Configure the Web Part
1. Click where it says Web part title, and rename the web part.
2. In the Rss Reader configuration pane, update the Feed Url with your url. Under Max Count, determine the number of items you want to appear in your feed. Click Next
3. Select the default Results Layout, or, if you would like to supply your own CSS you can select Custom and edit the template.
4. Scroll down to see more options for date format and colors.
You can change the date format. Ex. MM/DD; YY/MM/DD; MM/DD/YY HH:MM
Adjust the title color by either providing an RGBA value in the Red Green Blue Alpha boxes or moving the color spectrum slider to the color
Move the tint selector dot to an area in the tint box.
The selected color and tint will appear in the saturation bar.
You can use the saturation bar to make the text transparent if needed.
Click Apply to see the changes in the web part.
Follow the same steps for the background color if necessary. Don’t forget to hit Apply to activate your changes.
Adding to a Home Page / Web Part Page / Classic SharePoint page
Near the upper left-hand corner, click PAGE.
2. Click Edit Page.
In the area in which you want to add the Rss web part, click Add a Web Part.
4. This will open the Categories pane. Scroll to the bottom of the Categories list until you see Social Tools. Select Rss Reader from the Parts list.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use the RSS Viewer found in the Content Rollup category. This is the old RSS feed, and does not work.
Configure the Web Part
1. The Rss Reader has been added to the page and displays sample content.
2.Check the box in the upper right-hand corner of the web part.
3. Click the tiny arrow to the left of the check mark
and select Edit Web Part
from the drop-down menu.
4.This will open the Configure web part pane. Click the Configure button.
Follow steps in the Configure the Web Part section under Adding to a New Site Page.