Autodesk for Education
Autodesk has changed their licensing and delivery method for educational institutions using software for educational purposes.
Most Autodesk products, such as AutoCAD and Maya, are now free for students to install on their laptops provided they are using the software in a manner related to learning, training, research or development. Autodesk is now requiring our students, even eStout students with Stout-issued laptops provided to them, to create a free Autodesk account and install the software titles they wish to use. As of July 1, 2016 we will no longer have the ability to preload Autodesk titles on eStout laptops.
How to Install Autodesk Products (students)
- Sign up for a free Autodesk account and accept the license agreement. Please choose United States as the country of educational institution, and "Student" as educational role.
- Pick the software you want to install, the complete list can be found here. Please note that there are suites listed on this page as well that have multiple software titles bundled together, such as the Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate.
- Sign in, specifying the name of the Educational Institution as "University Of Wisconsin - Stout" (without the quotes).
- Specify 2017 1 as the version you would like to install, Windows 64-bit as the Operating system 2, and your language of choice.
- Click the INSTALL NOW button, which will require you to accept the license agreement.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation of your software.
Note 1: Some software titles will not have 2017 available, clients should then download the newest version listed.
Note 2: Limited software titles are also available to install on Apple computers running OSX.
Faculty who wish to install Autodesk products for learning, teaching, training, research or development on their campus provided computer are not eligible to use the directions above. In this case, Autodesk software should be installed through the Application Catalog. If a particular software title is not available in the Application Catalog, please contact the Technology HelpDesk.
Faculty who wish to install Autodesk for learning, teaching, training, research or development on their personally-owned computer can follow the directions above for students, specifying "Educator" as their educational role when signing up for an Autodesk account.
Only instructors and students of UW-Stout courses can install Autodesk applications using the campus license. Others (facilities, consultants, etc.) should consult with the software team to obtain the correct licensing.
To start the process of obtaining a quote for the software, please begin by creating a self-service ticket requesting an Autodesk product.
In self-service request include:
- Name of user and their department
- How software will be used (Instructional or for internal administrative use).