Asset Management (Computer Inventory): Verify, change users, add note, etc.
This article goes over the process to update inventory for departments across campus.
Learning and Information Technology maintains the campus’ computer inventory database. Administrative Procedure Number 038 defines the roles and responsibilities of individuals and departments as they pertain to the campus’ computing assets.
- On the fifteenth day of every month, your department inventory admin will receive an email containing a spreadsheet of the department's assets.
- You do not need to complete a full verification of your inventory each month.
- If you have any changes to your inventory, please forward those changes via email to email@example.com.
- Make changes in the spreadsheet you received and highlight them in yellow, then attach it to the email.
- Alternatively, if there are few changes needed to be made, you can list them in the email instead.
- LIT staff will update the inventory in Team Dynamix.
- If no changes are needed, then no action is required.
- You can report changes at any time and do not need to wait until the monthly report.
- A full inventory verification of all assets will still be required annually.
- Assets that are no longer in use should be sent to surplus.
- If assets are lost or stolen a police report must be filed.
If you have any further questions, please contact your IT Consultant or the Technology Help Desk. Thank you!