Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Asset Management
Asset Management (Surplus): Sending IT Hardware to surplus
When a device is no longer being used by a department, it needs to be sent to surplus. This guide will walk inventory managers through the process to sending computers, tablets, and non-EO Johnson printers to surplus.
These steps can only be carried out by a department's inventory admin. If you are unsure who the inventory admin is for your department, please contact the Technology Help Desk.
- Log into the Self-Service Helpdesk.
- In the left navigation pane, click Surplus Hardware Asset.
- Enter the C-number or LP-number of the asset being sent to surplus and select Get Asset.
- Make sure the drop-down menu is set to Sent to Surplus.
- In the text box provided, provide a description of where the item is located and any additional items (such as monitors, docks, or keyboards) to be picked up for surplus.
- Click Submit.