Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > eStout
eStout Student Laptop Program -- Support for eStout laptops out-of-area
Summary of eStout service for students traveling or studying from a distance
Students who are enrolled in courses, in need of support, and unable to travel to the Technology Help Desk (109 Sorensen Hall) during open hours should be aware of the following:
- Not all operating system and software issues are able to be fixed remotely; if you are currently enrolled in a course a hard drive swap may be an option for certain models. Contact the Technology Help Desk
- You may ship your laptop to the Technology Help Desk. For details, see eStout Student Laptop Program -- Can I ship my laptop to the Technology Help Desk?
- You may initiate your own hardware repair by visiting the appropriate site to find a local HP or Apple-certified repair facility; do not proceed with any repair without confirming that the service provider will honor the world-wide warranty
- For assistance finding the nearest HP or Apple-certified repair facility, please contact Kelly Hoyland, UW-Stout eStout Program Coordinator, at email@example.com (preferred) or 715-232-5005.
- UW-Stout will direct you to the phone numbers and/or locations should local repair needs arise
- Please note that some locales provide service challenges and it may not always be possible to find local repair facilities, which may necessitate shipping to UW-Stout, HP, or Apple
- Students may be directed to contact HP or Apple directly to initiate a warranty repair
- Loaners will not be shipped
- Ensure that any repairs are performed only by HP or Apple-certified facilities that will honor the laptop's warranty
- Any applicable shipping and/or customs charges are at the expense of the user and are non-refundable