Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Asset Management
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Device deployment
Asset Management -- New faculty/staff computers and cost share form and computer lifecycle
The process by which C-numbered computers are added to departmental inventories and cost share forms sent
Departments are responsible for providing faculty and staff with an appropriate computer hardware. Information on the purchasing of computers is available from Procurement and Materials Management.
Life Cycle of a Computer Purchase and Setup
- Computer is ordered through Procurement and Materials Management on a Purchase Order
- Computer is received at central receiving, the serial number recorded, and C-number assigned
- Computer only (not monitor or peripheral equipment) is delivered to Millennium Hall for imaging and the C-number sticker applied (monitors and peripherals are delivered directly to the end user)
- A help desk ticket is created for the intended user and contact made to schedule setup
- Following delivery and setup the ticket is closed and a delivery email sent to the department's designated inventory administrator(s); this email includes a link to the Computer Cost Share form
The computer cost share program is administered by Business and Financial Services -- all non-technical questions should be directed to their office.
If a delivery email and link to a cost share form is not received, please submit a self-service ticket with the C-number of the new computer and request a cost share form be resent.