Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Asset Management
Asset Management -- Designating or changing a departmental inventory administrator
Designating or changing the departmental inventory admin for a department
Each department must select one or more inventory admins who will have access to the Campus Computer Inventory and who is assigned the task of coordinating departmental inventory audits (see Administrative Procedure 038 for details). Inventory admins have the ability to review and update departmental inventory, including updating the assigned user, department, computer description, and notes. Inventory admins access inventory by visiting the self-service help desk and clicking "Inventory Audit" in the left navigation. Inventory admins also receive notice by email of the delivery of new computer assets and links to the computer cost share form.
The designation of inventory admin is not an automated process. Changes in department chairs, business managers, or other positions do not change who is designated an inventory admin. To designate, remove, or change a departmental inventory admin, please submit a self-service ticket with the request. Inventory admins can look up the admins of other departments by accessing this Department Inventory Admins report.
- Asset Management -- Campus Computer Inventory - Verification Process and Overview
- Asset Management -- Printers Explained
- Asset Management -- Transferring a computer to another department
- Asset Management -- New faculty/staff computers and cost share form and computer lifecycle
- Asset Management -- Sending computers to surplus