Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Software deployment
Microsoft Project or Microsoft Visio (faculty and staff): Purchasing
Purchase Microsoft Project or Visio for a faculty or staff member
There are two ways to obtain Microsoft Project and Visio:
Option 1: Check with department to see if a departmental license of Dream Spark is owned (Ask Departmental administrator as IT does not have a record of which departments own these licenses). If department owns license the department administrators should be able to point you in the right directions for downloading and installing the software. If department does not own license of Dream Spark then go to Option 2.
Note: Non-teaching-staff do not qualify for use of DreamSpark software per the campus' Microsoft license (MPSA agreement), which is an annual license fee paid by the department.
Faculty and Staff:
Option 2: Purchase through the Microsoft 365 campus license (Microsoft Project and Visio are not included in current 365 license agreement)
To purchase: Submit Self-Service ticket at the help desk requesting the software the software title. Prices change frequently so a self-service ticket is required, before LIT obtain a quote with the current cost. The help desk ticket should include name of user that will be using software, department and whether software will be used for instructional or administrative use.
- Purchase of Visio and Project is an annual subscription license that will be charged back to department every August by LIT (To remove must inform LIT by July)
- Once a request is received an authorized technician will request a quote from the vendor
- The quote will be submitted to LIT Business Manager and customer will be charged at a prorated cost for the year
- Once the license has been purchased it will be applied to the user's University account (office 365 account) Note: Once purchased it can take over a week for reseller to apply the license to user's account)
- Installation of the desktop version of Project and or Visio can be done through the Office 365 Software Portal or by following install instruction below in the "see also section"