What is the Technology Help Desk?
The Technology Help Desk - Service Summary
The Technology Help Desk (formerly called ASK5000) assists applicants, students, faculty and staff with their campus-technology needs. Able to answer many general technology questions, the help desk is also the intake point for problems related to campus accounts such as AccessStout, campus software, campus-owned/leased computers and classroom media.
Services We Offer:
- Support for campus accounts such as email, AccessStout and Learn@UW-stout
- Hardware support of campus-owned or student-leased eStout computers and printers
- Network connectivity on campus
- Installation and operational support of campus-owned and licensed software*
- Repair of in-warranty, campus-owned, HP and Apple computer hardware
*Please note that help desk staff are not experts in the use of specialized applications and departmental software.
The Technology Help Desk is located in 109 Millennium Hall and is open to all students, faculty and staff for help with campus-owned or student-issued laptops. The help desk acts as a full-service facility for student eStout laptops offering deployments, software, loaners, assistance and repair.