Topics Map > Service Catalog > Device support > Software deployment
Purchasing Apps from the Apple App Store for UW-Stout-related Activities
How to purchase apps from the App Store
- Submit an email to your supervisor requesting the app(s) you’d like to purchase along with the business justification for each app
- After supervisor review, supervisor is to email Purchasing the list of apps to procure. CC the account administrator on the email and include app name, price, business justification for each app, and the number of the account to be charged
- Within 24hrs, you will receive an email from Purchasing with a “Redemption Code." Open this email on your iOS device and click the link provided and the app will auto-download to your iOS device
- Redemption Codes are not transferrable and once used, cannot be reissued.
- UW-Stout will not purchase Apps for personal devices not owned by UW-Stout.
- UW-Stout will not purchase Apps without a business justification applicable to the needs of the user’s job position.
- Purchases are done via the Apple Educational Volume License Program. http://www.apple.com/mac/volume-licensing/
- “Free” Apps can be downloaded via the Apple App Store--redemption codes are not needed.
- Questions regarding the purchasing of apps should be directed to Procurement and Materials Management.