Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Outlook Email Filtering
A basic overview of email filtering in the browser version of Outlook add remove delete move
Finding the Filters
- In the browser version of Outlook, click the gear in the top-right corner and select Mail.
- In the right navigation pane, select Inbox and Sweep Rules.
- This is the list of Inbox Rules (Email Filters) that you have.
- Select the plus sign to add a rule.
- This will open a new pane where you can enter the information for the rule. You can select message conditions, select actions to take, and select exemptions (optional). The name will populate depending on the conditions and actions you select.
- This is a rule example. This rule filters messages received from the Technology Helpdesk email address and move them into a folder called Tech Help Desk. There are no exceptions.
- Don't forget to Save before closing the window!
Removing a Rule
- Select the rule under the Name category. The description of the rule will appear to the right. Once it has been confirmed that you have the rule selected that needs to be deleted, click the trash icon.
- Remember to Save before exiting.