Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Outlook Email Filtering
A basic overview of email filtering in the browser version of Outlook add remove delete move
Finding the Filters
- In the browser version of Outlook, click the gear in the top-right corner.
- Then, in the bottom-right, select View all Outlook settings.
- In the window that opens, select Mail > Rules. This will show all your Outlook rules.
Adding a Rule
- Select + Add new rule to add a rule.
- This will open a new window where you can enter the information for the rule.
You can select message conditions, select actions to take, and select exemptions (optional). The name will populate depending on the conditions and actions you select.
- Don't forget to Save before closing the window!
Turning Off/Removing a Rule
- Find the rule that you would like to turn off or remove.
- The toggle on the left side of the rule is used to turn a rule off. This is useful for rules you don't need right now but you do not want to delete.
Click the toggle to change the rule from on to off or from off to on.
- The trash icon to the right side of the rule is used to delete the rule. Simply click the trash icon to remove the rule.