Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Supported UW-Stout Email Applications
UW-Stout email is hosted by Microsoft and accessed via Office 365
Accessing UW-Stout Email
You can accessing your UW-Stout email in a variety of ways. The following are the only options supported by UW-Stout.
- Outlook Web App: Visit the login page for the Outlook Web App or via the Common Logins page (logins.uwstout.edu)
- Outlook Desktop: Version 2016 or higher. You can find directions on how to install the newest version on our KB: Office 365: How to install Office 365 Desktop Applications on a PC or Mac (free)
- Outlook Mobile: Outlook Mobile App: Accessing Email on Phone
What about other email apps?
While some of these email applications may work, they are not supported by UW-Stout
- MacOS Mail: Will need to be MacOS version 10.14 or higher to work on Apple computer
- iOS Mail: Will need to be iOS 11 or higher to keep using native app on iPhone
- Android: Native mail will not work
- Third party POP/IMAP Apps on computer (Mozilla Thunderbird, etc): These will not work
- Built in Windows apps: The Window mail app that is installed with Windows 10 will work assuming it is updated to most recent version