Topics Map > Service Catalog > Instructional Technologies and Learning Services > Instructional Tech
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Learning and Meeting spaces > Classroom technology and AV services
USB HoverCam Document Camera: Set-Up Guide
This document will provide set-up instructions for the USB HoverCam Document Cam as well as detail features and components of the device.
In this document:
The USB HoverCam Document Camera (DocCam) has a convenient joint between the post and the base allowing the camera to fold down for easy transportation and storage.
HoverCam Document Camera features include:
- 8mp photos
- 80x zoom
- Built-in mic
- Built-in, ultra-bright LEDs
- Built-in whiteboard software
- Functions as a document camera and web camera (not simultaneously)
The HoverCam DocCam requires a software installation for use. To install the software, complete the following steps.
1. At the base of the HoverCam DocCam, plug the USB cable into the Install port to install software to your computer.
2. Before using any software with the HoverCam DocCam, please wait until you see a "driver software installed successfully" pop-up notification at the bottom of your screen.
3. A dialogue box will appear. Click Open folder to view files.
- If the dialog box appeared, skip to step 4. If it did not appear, click on file explorer
- Scroll down until you see UDISK and select.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list.
4. Double click on Setup to bring up the installation screen.
5. If another dialog box appears, similar to the one below, click on Allow.
6. Select Install HoverCam FlexCap and Install HoverCam FlexView and go through the software installation process.
Please Note: When installing FlexView, the installation screen may take a moment to load.
7. Unplug the USB cable from the Install port and plug into the USB port. Congratulations! You are now ready to begin using the HoverCam DocCam.
Mac Users Only: After installing both Flex software programs, please restart your computer before using the HoverCam.