Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > System Security
AnyConnect VPN (Windows)
This document details the AnyConnect client.
The AnyConnect VPN client requires that your computer meet a few requirements before you will be allowed to connect.
1. You must have windows update set to automatically download and install updates.
2. You must have a firewall enabled.
3. You must have System Center Endpoint Protection installed and enabled.
Installing AnyConnect VPN
Clients who are eligible for AnyConnect, based on their Level of Assurance (LOA), and who need to install the AnyConnect client can do so by searching for "AnyConnect" in the Software Center.
Students, faculty, and staff can use the Software Center application to install software on a campus provided HP laptop. Please note that installations can only be performed while connected to UW-Stout's network and are not available on student or personal laptops.
- Open the Software Center by searching for Software Center within the Start Menu or Search box.
- In the Applications menu, click on the application you want to install.
- Click the Install button.
- The application will start to download and progress to the installation. Software Center will provide notifications on the progress of the installation.
Note: Software availability on this list that is determined by your login. Not all titles are available to everyone, as some are restricted by license and/or department. If you believe a title is missing please put in a self-service help desk ticket with the name of the title you are looking for.
If you need AnyConnect but do not see it in Software Center, contact the Technology Helpdesk.
Using AnyConnect VPN
- Once the client is installed, you can launch it from the Start Menu or the Notification Area of the Windows Task-bar (near the clock).
- Enter in your campus username and password to connect.
**If you are using a Duo Fob, you will need to log in using the append mode**
2-Step (Append Mode): Logging into systems using "append mode"
- Remember to check your Duo App to approve the authentication push.