Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > System Security
Cisco Secure Client (Windows) - Installation and Connection
The Secure Client VPN client requires that your computer be provided by the University and managed by IT.
Installing Secure Client using Software Center (Faculty/Staff)
Clients requiring VPN access who need to install the Cisco Secure Client can do so by searching for "Secure Client" in the Software Center.
Students, faculty, and staff can use the Software Center application to install software on a campus provided HP laptop. Please note that installations can only be performed while connected to UW-Stout's network and are not available on student or personal laptops.
- Open the Software Center by searching for Software Center within the Start Menu or Search box.
- In the Applications menu, click on the application you want to install.
- Click the Install button.
- The application will start to download and progress to the installation. Software Center will provide notifications on the progress of the installation.
Note: Software availability on this list that is determined by your login. Not all titles are available to everyone, as some are restricted by license and/or department. If you believe a title is missing please put in a self-service help desk ticket with the name of the title you are looking for.
Installing Secure Client using Company Portal (Students)
- Click on the Company Portal Icon in your Start Menu.
- Company Portal will open. By default it displays the Home tab. This will show you featured software, as well as the newest software added to the Company Portal.
- To view all available apps, click the Apps tab on the left hand side.
- To install an application, please select the app you want and then click the Install button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Using Secure Client VPN
Once the client is installed, you can launch it from the Start Menu or the Notification Area of the Windows Task-bar (near the clock).