Topics Map > Service Catalog > Instructional Technologies and Learning Services > Learning Management Support
Canvas: Embedding Media
How to insert media into Canvas using embed codes.
1. Copy the embed code for the video that you wish to embed.
2. Enter the course, and select an existing post or select a new assignment, discussion, or announcement to add the video to.
3. Select the Insert/Edit Media button on the tool bar.
4. A box will appear with three tabs: General, Embed, and Advanced. Select the Embed tab.
4. The box will have space to paste the copied embed code. Paste using ctrl + v or by right clicking and selecting Paste.
5. Select Ok.
6. The video will appear in the post. Add any text or additional information to the post and Save.
Embedding Kaltura Capture Videos
1. Go to the Assignment, Quiz, Discussion, or Page that you would like to upload the video to.
2. In the toolbar above the dialog box, click the blue V icon.
3. In the drop down, select My Media.
4. A window will come up with all of your previously recorded videos. Click the Select button to the right of the video that you wish to insert.
5. Your video will appear in the dialog box.