Topics Map > Service Catalog > Learning and Meeting spaces > Classroom technology and AV services
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Learning and Meeting spaces > Classroom design
AirMedia -- Installing Crestron AirMedia Application
How to install the application for connecting to Creston AirMedia
AirMedia is a wireless projection system that utilizes wireless internet to allow instructors and students to project to classroom projectors.
The AirMedia application must be installed in order to use the AirMedia system. Many campus computers will already have AirMedia installed.
Install AirMedia Application
- Visit the Crestron Air Media website
- Scroll down the page until you find the box that contains the downloadable files
- PC users should choose the AirMedia Deployable Application Windows installer; Mac users should choose the OS X Deployable Application OS X installer
- Click on the blue link to launch and complete the installer
Mobile devices (iOS or Android) can also project; Download the free app for your iOS or Android device.
- AirMedia software (or app) must be installed in order to use AirMedia
- Engage the classroom control system to see the IP/Hostname and Code projected; the AirMedia software or mobile app will prompt for the hostname and code
- The "Address" projected onscreen is referred to as the "IP/Hostname" in the software interface; use only the portion of the address following http:// as shown when filling in the IP/Hostname
Apple users only:
When presenting from PowerPoint on a Mac via AirMedia in presentation mode annotations and notes do not work at this time