Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > System Security
This document details the AnyConnect client.
VPN with NAP has been replaced with AnyConnect. The AnyConnect VPN client requires that your computer meet a few requirements before you will be allowed to connect.
1. You must have windows update set to automatically download and install updates.
2. You must have a firewall enabled.
3. You must have System Center Endpoint Protection installed and enabled.
Once the client is installed, you can launch it from the start menu or the notification area of the Windows taskbar (near the clock) and enter in your campus username and password to connect.
Clients who are eligible and need to install the AnyConnect client can do so by searching for "AnyConnect" in the Application Catalog (please note that it is listed as Cisco AnyConnect).
To install software on a Domain bound, campus-owned computer, faculty and staff can use the UW-Stout's Application Catalog. Please note that installations can only be performed while connected to UW-Stout's network on campus (VPN from off campus will not work).
- Open the Software Center by searching for "Software Center" from a Windows search menu. This can include the Start Menu in Windows 7 or the search bars in Windows 8 and 10.
- In the Applications menu, click on the application you want to install
- Click the Install button.
- The application will start downloading and installing. Software Center can be closed now as the software requested will be installed in the background
- If you want you can check the installation status by clicking on that menu
Note: Software availability on this list that is determined by your login. Not all titles are available to everyone, as some are restricted by license or department. If you believe a title is missing please put in a self-service help desk ticket with the name of the title you are looking for.