Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Alumni and Lifetime Email Expectations and Support
Expectations for the use and support of email following graduation
UW-Stout is pleased and proud that our alumni wish to continue the use of their Stout email after graduation. In order to best meet the needs of our current students and the faculty and staff who serve them, support for alumni email accounts is limited to authentication. The following expectations apply.
Alumni and Lifetime Email Service Expectations
- Support is limited to authentication (log in to email) via a web browser.
- Authentication assistance is via the Outlook Web App; there is no support for desktop or mobile email clients.
- Username changes will not be performed following graduation.
- Password resets are performed via password.uwstout.edu.
- Emails from Stout, including daily emails and all-student emails, may continue to be sent post-graduation. Alumni will not be removed from the email groups to whom these messages are sent. Rules and filters are recommended to be set up by those who wish to continue to use their Stout email account but do not wish to receive these communications.
- Accounts will not be disabled by request; students who do not wish to access their account are encouraged to turn on an out-of-office. Office365 retention policies will apply.