Retiree Email Account
Information about retiree email accounts
New policy and practice require LIT to delete your network and email accounts after your last day at UW-Stout.
Before your last day on campus, we recommend the following:
- Export your personal email contacts.
- Notify contacts to use the new account
- Forward personal emails that you need to save to a personal email account.
- Change any accounts such as banking, list-serves, or mailing lists to point to your personal account
- Ensure that ownership of any distribution groups or calendars is reassigned (see Outlook (Web App): Manage A Shared Email Group)
- Employees who are also alumni can revert to an alumni account with supervisor permission. Submit a HelpDesk ticket to request this.
Emeriti Email Accounts
- Retirees who have been granted Emeriti status have the option of keeping their Stout email address
- The contents of the email account will be deleted and you will be given a new empty mailbox.
- Email accounts that are unused for 12 months are disabled and will not be re-enabled
- Users are required to comply with UW-System policy which includes Multi-Factor Authentication (2-Step) and annual security training. If users are not in compliance, accounts will be disabled and will not be re-enabled.