Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Requesting access
Preparing for Departure: Technology Considerations for Faculty & Staff Leaving Stout
Learning and Information Technology would like to offer some words of advice concerning campus technology as you prepare for your upcoming departure.
Computers and Devices
- Locate all assigned computer equipment; individuals can review currently-assigned equipment by logging into the Technology Help Desk at http://helpdesk.uwstout.edu/helpdesk. Click the Inventory Audit link to see all currently-assigned equipment. Asset Management (Individuals): Check assigned computers (for faculty and staff)
- Return computers and other technology assets to department; inventory admins should reassign devices in the campus computer inventory
- iPads must be unassociated with user's iCloud accounts Asset Management: Preparing to surplus or reassign an iPad or iPod
- Computers or other university property can not be sold or otherwise transferred to anyone other than through surplus sales
- Return Duo FOB to the Help Desk.
New policy and practice require LIT to delete your network and email account after your last day at UW-Stout. Before your last day on campus, we recommend the following:
- Export your personal email contacts.
- Notify contacts to use the new account
- Forward personal emails that you need to save to a personal email account.
- Change any accounts such as banking, list-serves, or mailing lists to point to your personal account
- Ensure that ownership of any distribution groups or calendars is reassigned (see Outlook (Web App): Manage A Shared Email Group)
- Employees who are also alumni can revert to an alumni account with supervisor permission. Submit a HelpDesk ticket to request this.
- You have the option of keeping your email address
- The contents of your email will be deleted
- Beginning in FY2021, Emeriti will be required to pay a yearly fee to keep the Emeriti account.
- Email accounts that are unused for 12 months are disabled and will not be re-enabled
- Users are required to comply with UW-System policy and annual security training. If users are not in compliance, accounts will be disabled and will not be re-enabled.
- Confirm any shared files in your One Drive or StoutFS personal shares (M:) have been moved to a Team or SharePoint Site.
- Back up any personal files that you may have to an external storage device or a personal online storage account.
- Institutional Data cannot be transferred
- Request as necessary removal of access to StoutFS, ImageNow, PeopleSoft/Access Stout, or other campus resources via self-service ticket