Topics Map > Service Catalog > Communications and collaboration services > Email
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Campus account
Topics Map > Service Catalog > Accounts, passwords and security services > Requesting access
Preparing for Departure: Technology Considerations for Faculty & Staff Leaving Stout
Learning and Information Technology would like to offer some words of advice concerning campus technology as you prepare for your upcoming departure.
Computers and Devices
- Locate all assigned computer equipment; individuals can review currently-assigned equipment by logging into the Technology Help Desk at http://helpdesk.uwstout.edu/helpdesk. Click the Inventory Audit link to see all currently-assigned equipment. Asset Management (Individuals): Check assigned computers (for faculty and staff)
- Return computers and other technology assets to department; inventory admins should reassign devices in the campus computer inventory
- iPads must be unassociated with user's iCloud accounts Asset Management: Preparing to surplus or reassign an iPad or iPod
- Return Duo FOB to the Help Desk.
New policy and practice require LIT to delete your network and email account after your last day at UW-Stout. Before your last day on campus, we recommend the following:
- Export your personal email contacts (see Outlook: Exporting and Importing Contacts ).
- Notify contacts to use the new account
- Forward personal emails that you need to save to a personal email account.
- Change any accounts such as banking, list-serves, or mailing lists to point to your personal account
- Ensure that ownership of any distribution groups or calendars is reassigned (see Outlook (Web App): Manage A Shared Email Group)
- Employees who are also alumni can revert to an alumni account with supervisor permission. Submit a HelpDesk ticket to request this.
- If you anticipate receiving Emeriti status, please submit a help desk ticket and identify an alternative email address where you can be reached.
- You have the option of keeping your email address
- The contents of your email will be deleted
- Email accounts that are unused for 12 months are disabled and will not be re-enabled
- Users are required to comply with UW-System policy which includes using 2-Step Authentication and completing annual security training. If users are not in compliance, accounts will be disabled and will not be re-enabled.
IMPORTANT: All files saved on your computer's hard drive and in your OneDrive will no longer be available after your user account is removed. This includes files which are currently shared to other users.
- Confirm any shared files in your One Drive or Stout FS personal shares (M:) have been moved to a Team or SharePoint Site. (Any files in your OneDrive will be deleted, even if you have shared them with others)
- For additional assistance moving your files, please refer to Microsoft's article: Move files and folders between OneDrive and SharePoint
- Back up any personal files that you may have to an external storage device or a personal online storage account.
- Institutional Data cannot be transferred
- Request as necessary removal of access to StoutFS, ImageNow, PeopleSoft/Access Stout, or other campus resources via self-service ticket
Please contact your IT consultant to discuss what needs to be completed in your transition. They can also assist you to ensure that these items are complete.